Directions from Manila to Subic via NLEX – SCTEx.
Trip Time: 2 hours. Distance: 153km from EDSA Balintawak
- Go to NLEX via the Balintawak interchange in North EDSA
- Pay P45 at Balintawak Toll Plaza and get your toll card.
- Drive to the Dau Toll Plaza at the end of NLEX (about 71 km from Balintawak Toll Plaza). Pay P173 at toll booth.
- Take SCTEx ramp (at the right) about 3 km from the Dau Toll Plaza.
- Take your toll card at the SCTEx toll booth.
- Drive to the TIPO exit at the end of the SCTEx (about 57 km). Pay P 168 at the toll booth.
- Drive to the Subic-Tipo Highway toll booth (about 0.80km). Pay P 22 at the toll booth.
- Drive by and stop at the Subic Bay Freeport customs booth to acknowledge guard.
- NLEX and SCTEx imposes a speed limit of 100km/hour. Observe speed limit as radars are installed to check overspeeding.
- Subic Bay Freeport imposes strict US style traffic rules. That said, slow down to a complete stop at every intersection. And don’t forget to wear your seatbelts.